Our magnesium injection molding machine was launched in 1993 by applying the raw material technology and injection molding technology that we have accumulated over many years.
JSW adopts the molding method called Thixomolding, which can mold a semi-molten magnesium alloy.
Since magnesium alloy can be molded with high precision like plastic, it is used in various products.
JSW will continue to work closely with our customers to develop products that meet their requests.
What is Thixomolding™?
Thixomolding is an innovative, environmentally friendly magnesium molding method.
Thixomolding is an injection molding of a semi-molten (thixotropy) magnesium alloy.
Magnesium chips made by cutting magnesium alloys are heated in the cylinder of a molding machine and injection molded into the mold as they are without being exposed to the atmosphere.
Good points of Thixomolding
- Melting furnace is not required and it is relatively easy to change the alloy type Since magnesium alloy chips are used as the raw material.
- Product surface quality is improved due to the high injection pressure and high injection pressure and speed and it enables to mold the thin-walled and precise products.
- Dimensional accuracy and mechanical properties are improved due to lower melting temperature than die casting.
- Safety and cleanliness of the work environment are improved due to molding without coming into contact with the atmosphere.
- Molding process is friendly to the global environment due to the disuse of sulfur hexafluoride. (SF⁶, etc.)
Phenomenon in which the viscosity decreases and the fluidity increases by applying a shearing force to semi-molten alloy to granulate the solid phase.